2019’s first edtech event, taking place January in Orlando, will feature world-class keynotes, high-quality professional development content and an unmatched expo experience
The National Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC) has announced a series of highlights that will make the 2019 event the most exciting and valuable edtech experience available to educators. In 2018, more than 10,000 education and technology leaders took part in industry-leading edtech professional development, exploration of proven best practices and discovery of innovative new technologies, and the 2019 conference will have even more to offer. FETC 2019 will take place from January 27-30 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla.
“For nearly 40 years, FETC has brought leaders together to explore the latest trends and innovations in education technology. With this year’s updated conference program and highlighted expo activities, we aim to stay at the forefront of delivering excellent professional development and driving the edtech market,” said Dr. Robert Avossa, Sr. Vice President & Publisher of LRP Publications. “We’re looking forward to an outstanding event to kick off the new year in 2019.”
Brand New at FETC 2019
FETC is rolling out a number of new features for the 2019 conference, which will be the 39th annual event. Conference updates focus on delivering the best in edtech content, as well as finding innovative ways for attendees to consume, experience and use the information gained at the event. The new features include the following:
- New Schedule to Support Educators – FETC 2019 will start on a Sunday, giving educators the opportunity to participate in a full day of workshops without time away from students or staff, and without districts incurring the cost of a substitute.
- Mega Sessions – These 40-minute sessions feature FETC’s most popular speakers and focus on the timeliest topics in edtech, including strategies for amplifying student voice through multimedia, personalizing instruction and creating a brain-friendly environment, and unleashing innovation. Sessions will be held in the general session hall to enable a greater number of educators and educator teams to attend.
- Premier Media Partnership with District Administration – FETC’s partnership with District Administration will meet the needs of the edtech community by delivering high-quality content for K-12 leaders, increasing the conference’s targeted leadership sessions and workshops, and providing a rich assortment of compelling, accessible, and personalized premier events and resources.
FETC 2019 will feature some of the most sought-after speakers in education, with an important focus on big ideas and innovative solutions to enhance teaching and learning in the 21st century. The conference will have three keynote sessions to present new, thought-provoking, inspiring perspectives:
- Sal Khan – On Monday, January 28, the Opening Keynote, “The One-World Schoolhouse―Education Reimagined,” will be presented the founder and CEO of Khan Academy, a nonprofit with a mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Khan will share his thoughts on the future of education and how you can join his movement to revolutionize the future of teaching and learning.
- TechSHARE LIVE! – Back by popular demand, this fast-paced attendee favorite provides a first look at the latest, most exciting gadgets, apps, hardware and software through the eyes of educational technology’s leading experts: Adam Bellow, Hall Davidson, Leslie Fisher and Kathy Schrock.
- Dr. Mae Jemison – On Wednesday, January 30, conference attendees will have the opportunity to hear the STEM Keynote, “Pursuing the Extraordinary,” from Dr. Jemison, the audacious and pioneering polymath at the forefront of integrating the physical and social sciences with art and culture to solve problems and foster innovation.
High-Quality Professional Development Content
FETC offers more than 275 intensive workshops and 400 targeted sessions, providing educators and leaders with an unmatched opportunity to personalize their professional development. The conference’s well-rounded content, designed for educators and leaders at all roles and levels, is presented through five unique tracks: Future of EdTech Educator, Future of EdTech Administrator, Future of EdTech Information Technology, Future of EdTech Inclusion & Special Education, and Future of EdTech Early Learning. The conference program features numerous highlights, including the following:
- The Blueprint for Technology in Education Summit – Led by international edtech consultant Dr. Matt Harris, this full-day summit will take place on Sunday from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. The Blueprint summit will feature six distinct sessions that give participants a chance to experience the global edtech community through the eyes of international education leaders who will challenge educators to rethink the logistics of the global classroom and modern learning environments.
- Education Analyst Sessions – In these interactive panel discussions, leading analysts in the education industry will deliver unique insights and actionable advice for overcoming major technology challenges and implementing edtech plans that work. Attendees will have the opportunity to attend 11 different panels on January 29 and 30 covering essential topics such as ensuring student data privacy and security, building a district-wide edtech ecosystem, improving the technology procurement process, enhancing equitable access and more.
- Expanded Future of EdTech Inclusion & Special Education Track – This expanded content track will provide attendees with best practices for matching technology to students’ needs and successful strategies for using technology to accommodate students in the classroom. Educators will explore the latest application of assistive and instructional technologies to meet the needs of K-12 students with disabilities in all settings, including Universal Design for Learning tools that can help differentiate instruction and increase academic achievement.
- Administrator and Information Technology Tracks – FETC’s dedicated Administrator and IT content tracks make it the only edtech event with sessions and workshops designed specifically for CAOs, Superintendents, CTOs, CIOs and IT Directors.
Highlights in the 2019 Future of Education Technology Expo
In the FETC Expo, conference attendees will have the chance to get hands-on with innovative technologies and applications, view live demonstrations, meet face-to-face with suppliers, ask questions and see the latest products and services from more than 400 leading solution providers. Expo hours will kick off with the opening night reception on Monday, January 28, followed by full days of exhibits and activities on January 29 and 30. These are some of the opportunities available to educators in the 2019 FETC Expo:
- Startup Pavilion – Emerging companies in edtech can apply to demo their original products in this special section of the FETC Expo and conference attendees will have a chance to meet the entrepreneurs who are revolutionizing the market. Startups can also apply by October 26 to participate in the FETC Pitchfest, where they will have the chance to present to educators, analysts and investors, and compete for other prizes and opportunities.
- Game-Based Learning Pavilion and Early Learning Pavilion – In each of these pavilions, educators will get hands-on opportunities to experience the latest tools and digital applications and hear 40-minute talks on how to leverage them to enhance learning.
- STEM Theater Presentations – STEM experts and educators from the 2019 FETC STEM Excellence Award finalist schools will share 30-minute presentations on the best tools and techniques to inspire students.
- Hands-On Technology Lab and Learning Labs – In the Hands-On Technology Lab, educators and leaders will get to see, touch and become familiar with the latest software, gadgets and hand-held technologies for preK-12 settings. The Learning Labs will have 40-minute expert-led sessions showcasing innovative products and technology for advancing student achievement and improving process management.
Registration is now open for the 2019 Future of Education Technology Conference. For additional information and to register, visit fetc.org/register or call toll-free 1-800-727-1227. Educators who register before November 16, 2018 will save up to $150 by securing the Super Saver rate.
About the Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC):
The Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC) annually attracts thousands of education and technology leaders for an intensive, highly collaborative exploration of new technologies, best practices and pressing issues. With basic to advanced sessions tailored to the needs of each role in the digital transformation, FETC is known as one of the nation’s premier preK-12 education technology events. FETC provides school and district administrators, classroom teachers, IT professionals, special education directors, curriculum and media specialists, and other educators with roles or interest in ed tech, the opportunity to explore the most effective integration of technology across the curriculum. FETC offers a balanced blend of administrative, instructional and technical content through targeted sessions, intensive workshops, hands-on demonstrations of the newest products, and more. Visit http://www.fetc.org for more details.
About LRP Conferences:
LLC LRP Conferences, LLC, an affiliate of LRP Publications, produces more than a dozen professional conferences and trade shows annually including: Campus Technology Conference, Ergonomics Conference & ErgoExpo, Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC), Recruiting Trends Conference, Talent Acquisition Tech Conference, and Women Leaders in Education Conference.
About LRP Publications:
LRP Publications, founded in 1977 by Kenneth Kahn, is an innovative media giant serving millions of business and education professionals worldwide. Specializing in education administration, education law, education technology, federal employment, human resources, workers’ compensation and disability, LRP publishes thousands of books, pamphlets, newsletters, videos and online resources. The company also produces five industry-leading print and digital magazines for key decision-makers: District Administration, Human Resources Executive®, HRM Asia, Risk & Insurance® and University Business. Additionally, LRP annually delivers top-quality training and professional development to more than 80,000 professionals through its 13 award-winning conferences and tradeshows in China, Singapore and the United States. LRP currently employs more than 500 professionals in its Connecticut, Florida, Pennsylvania, Singapore and Washington, D.C. offices. Headquartered in Palm Beach County since 1996, the company has more than $70 million in annual revenue. For a complete list of LRP resources, eCourses and conferences, please visit http://www.lrp.com.