The countdown to the 2017 National Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC) is officially on. And with January rapidly approaching, this is the perfect moment to take a closer look at what’s on the agenda and plan your participation. An amazing array of choices to say the least, by scrolling through it the agenda you’ll gain clear visibility into the entire program as well as a front-row seat to preK-12’s hottest tech topics.
- There’s an App for That – In fact, there are probably a few. Apps for ed tech are on the rise and today’s educators and administrators have the awesome opportunity to use this technology to embolden learning. FETC 2017 will put apps on display, offering sessions on app-smashing, the use of multiple apps at create a single project; microlearning, the use of small digitally enhanced units of learning that target short term goals; augmented and virtual realities; and beyond.
- Staying Safe Online – As education’s use of technology continues to increase, administrators and IT leaders are tasked with keeping data protected and maintaining compliance while promoting good digital citizenship. Sessions and workshops will explore establishing practices that allow for flexibility while maintaining controls, best practices for keeping students and their information safe and what to consider with new tech implementations.
- Leveraging Data – The latest assessment solutions provide access to more data than ever before – which sometimes begs the question, what can educators do with it? Sessions like “Data for Informed Instruction: Data for YOU” and “Smart Teachers Use Smart Phones” will explore the different ways educators are using data and devices to promote student growth in the classroom quickly and effectively.
- Next Gen STEM Learning – FETC 2017 will recognize the ongoing STEM revolution throughout the conference both in the STEM Excellence Awards keynote and STEM Theater presentations. Other STEM-centric content on the agenda “Girls & STEM: Leadership for Inclusion, Equity, and Action,” “Create Bravely: Empowering STEM Education through Creative Maker Solutions,” and “Starting a STEM Program in a Small School: Lessons Learned.”
- Ed Tech Innovation – In addition to Awesome New Technologies and Awesome New Inclusive Learning Technology, ed tech innovation will take center stage up on the expo floor. Here attendees can get up close and personal with everything from 3D printing and robotics to educational software. And don’t forget to make a stop at the FETC Startup Pavilion (Booth 2005) to see emerging ed tech companies and entrepreneurs bringing new technologies to the market.
- Keeping Up with Professional Development – Ensuring that busy educators, administrators and staff are up-to-date and on the same page can prove challenging. Workshops in both the Educator and Administrator tracks will look at technology for more collaborative PD, the benefits of game-based theory, owning your own PD and the rise of flipped professional learning and development.
The future of ed tech is constantly changing, challenging educators, administrators and IT leaders to stay up-to-date and ahead of the curve, and attending FETC is big step in the right direction. With the New Year right around the corner, it’s time to get ready and get in the know about the topics, trends and technologies impacting preK-12 learning and development. With more than 400 sessions and 150 workshops across five dedicated learning tracks – FETC 2017 has something for everyone. See you in January!