In this episode of the OnEducation Podcast, Mike and Glen discuss Google’s acquisition of Workbench, why crowdfunding is making up the shortfall on school budgets, the reasons why the first of teaching is so difficult, our top 10 formative assessment apps and our guest this week is Monica Burns. An action packed podcast! Listen here.
Podcast features FETC Speaker:
Dr. Monica Burns is a curriculum and educational technology consultant, Apple Distinguished Educator and founder of ClassTechTips.com. As a classroom teacher, Monica used one-to-one technology to create engaging, standards-based lessons for students. Monica has presented to teachers, administrators and tech enthusiasts at numerous national and international conferences including SXSWedu, ISTE, and EduTECH. She is a webinar host for SimpleK12 and a regular contributor to Edutopia. Monica is the author of Tasks Before Apps: Designing Rigorous Learning in a Tech-Rich Classroom (ASCD), #FormativeTech: Meaningful, Sustainable, and Scannable Formative Assessment with Technology (Corwin), Deeper Learning with QR Codes and Augmented Reality (Corwin), and co-author of Taming the Wild Text (Shell).
Dr. Burns will be presenting the following sessions:
- TOEDU | Future of Ed Tech Educator Track Orientation
- $W293 | School Branding and Storytelling With Adobe Spark for Education
- C032 | 22 Strategies for Taming the Wild Text for Digital Readers
- C102 | A Flash of Inspiration for Sparking Creativity in the Classroom
- C222 | Ready-for-Tomorrow Tips to Place Tasks Before Apps
- C248 | Make It Count! 15 Formative Assessment Favorites for K-12 Classrooms
- C337 | Appropriate Limits on EdTech: Drawing Boundaries in a 1:1 World
- Meet the Author