For 36 years, FETC has been committed to connecting education leaders with the technology experts and solution providers that can enhance learning success, and our 2017 program will be no different. It’s never too early to start thinking about your trip – and how to make the experience as valuable as possible.
With numerous sessions and vendors exhibiting their most innovative ed tech developments, it’s important to have a game plan to ensure you get the most relevant information needed to improve learning at your school or district. Start with identifying what you want to get out of the conference and aligning your experience with those goals. That said, consider the following five steps to maximize your experience:
- Know what you want to see: With nearly 400 sessions, FETC will address all areas of ed tech. But it’s important to know which sessions you want to attend in advance. Interested in digital teaching tools? Mobile learning? Instructional design? All of the above? Make sure you check out our robust agenda to see which sessions will be most impactful to you and plan your days at the conference accordingly.
- Know who you want to visit: The 2017 FETC Expo will feature more than 400 ed tech providers, giving you the chance to get up close and personal with today’s most innovative technologies and applications. Whatever technology needs your district has, you can find a company offering the solutions to improve how students learn. Again, planning your visit to the expo floor in advance will help you know who to talk to, ensuring you take full advantage of your time with those that can help solve your biggest challenges.
- Expand your network: It’s not just session leaders and technology providers who can answer your questions – your fellow superintendents, principals, educators and other professionals in attendance can be insightful, too. FETC 2017 offers a number of networking opportunities
- Tweet away: Posting to FETC Twitter throughout the conference is a great way to share what you learn with other attendees – and your colleagues back home. Make sure to include the event hashtag, #FETC, so others can follow what you share, and so you can follow what others have to say about the conference.
- Register early: FETC is pleased to offer a Super Saver discount of $150.00 for those who register by November 18, 2016, so sign up ASAP to save your spot!
FETC 2017 promises to be our biggest event yet, so you’ll want to make sure you get the most out of your experience. Follow the above strategies to maximize your trip to Orlando in January, and you’ll return to your district with greater insight into the technology solutions that can drive significant improvement and change the way your students learn. Or better yet, have your colleagues come with you – FETC is the perfect conference to bring a team! Register today at www.FETC.org.